Brothers, too often time and space erode the bonds of brotherhood. People move. Mail gets lost. We forget to call. Emails go unanswered. In an effort to connect us together a bit, this blog is a place to share personal news updates, post photos, ponder out loud, muse on theology, share encouragement, and post news on upcoming gatherings.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Update from Bro. Adam Clark, Lambda Zeta 443
(fieldcmndr@comcast.net)

Heather and I have been active members at First Baptist Church of Nashville. We joined in January after we got married, and are on our third year of membership there. Heather serves on the music committee, and we both are very involved in the youth group. We are teaching the Senior class sunday school, and we have a fantastic group of kids to work with. My brother got married the year after heather and I did, and he is working as a software and webpage designer. His wife Kelly is a dental hygenist, and my wife teaches at a college in Bowling Green and works in their financial aid department.

I think Heather is going to start classes in the spring on her masters in education.So far our adventures have been pretty fun. We went to Germany with our senior class on a mission trip, and have made some great friends across the pond whom we keep up with. We also took the gratuitous trip to Gatlinburg - woo hoo! I have been serving on the "camp planning committee" for our youth camp and this summer have been traveling around the country with our youth minister to locate a new site for camp.

Band season has been also going well. Last spring the Winter Guard program won the Gold medal at the SCGC National Championships in Chattanooga. They outscored more than 40 guards to take the title. This fall is also off to a good start. My competitions begin next saturday, and I have literally poured myself into this year's program. I anticipate fantastic results because the group sounds and looks great.

I am about 6 months away from bilingual certification in Spanish. I have been taking classes at the foreign language institue of Nashville. I love it too! Having students that are bilingual has been a challenge, but this has opened doors to them and their parents. I also look forward to seing what other doors it will open. (More than just ordering my food at Los Portales) .....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home