Brothers, too often time and space erode the bonds of brotherhood. People move. Mail gets lost. We forget to call. Emails go unanswered. In an effort to connect us together a bit, this blog is a place to share personal news updates, post photos, ponder out loud, muse on theology, share encouragement, and post news on upcoming gatherings.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

UPDATE FROM STEVEMILLERMOORE:
So, for those of you who knew me pretty well, this may seem a little out of character. I feel like I must share with you a struggle that started soon after graduation from Union. Right after school, I started getting into
something that has turned out to be a little overwhelming. At first it started out small, but over the last few years it has gotten pretty intense.


I've tried to justify my actions by saying that most Christians do it and that I have to have it to get by. I try and tell myself that it will get better, but deep down I know it will only get worse. Sometimes I think that I can conquer it and I've even gone a few weeks without it at times. I know that there is a huge price to pay for my habit, but I can't stop. I find myself fuming when I look back on all that it has cost me. I am embarrsed to admit this, but I, Steve Moore have a problem with.....paying a lot of money for gasoline.

Well, now that we've all breathed a sigh of relief and realize that I am not living my life in a state of constant abomination, I recommend that you all read back over the above paragraph a realize how funny and clever I
can be. (and then read this)


Life is so good. In the last year, I've graduated seminary, got married, and started a new ministry at First Baptist Clarksville (TN). [My wife's] name is Cassie. We met working M-Fuge a couple of summers ago. She is busy studying for the TN bar exam which is coming up soon. We love Clarksville so far and are grateful for all that God has done. I still travel some and lead worship and have recently got into media ministry, which is a fancy way of saying I'm in charge of the technical "stuff" for the church. Great to hear from a few of you on the blog. Keep it coming!

Steve-o

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home