Brothers, too often time and space erode the bonds of brotherhood. People move. Mail gets lost. We forget to call. Emails go unanswered. In an effort to connect us together a bit, this blog is a place to share personal news updates, post photos, ponder out loud, muse on theology, share encouragement, and post news on upcoming gatherings.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Triathlon Troopers

Well brothers, I thought it fitting to let you all know how Ben and I did in our recent triathlon. By the way, he got married this weekend in Florida, and we who went had a blast. I'm sure someone will post some pics (Bennie looked sexy).

Ben and I finished the Memphis in May Mountain Bike Triathlon in 1 hour and 51 minutes (.5 miles swim, 10 mile mountain bike, 3 mile run). The water was freezing, so it took a while for our bodies to adjust - but we finished the swim in a not so clean lake in 17 minutes. We hopped on our bikes nice and wet, and finished that part in 58 minutes. By that time, I didn't have alot of juice left. But Ben was faithful to hang with me and keep me encouraged. We kept a steady pace and finished 30 or so minutes later. Great times. Highly recommend anyone interested in good cross training to try one. Lord willing, this won't be my last. Be sure to tell Ben congrats for having enough love to stick with his slow training partner.

God bless fellas! - Chad P

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

7/21/2006 9:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home