Brothers, too often time and space erode the bonds of brotherhood. People move. Mail gets lost. We forget to call. Emails go unanswered. In an effort to connect us together a bit, this blog is a place to share personal news updates, post photos, ponder out loud, muse on theology, share encouragement, and post news on upcoming gatherings.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006




















More Morris: Memo from a Medical Resident in Memphis ...or....
Brent 'Brags' Bodaciously 'Bout Bountiful Blessings

Hey everyone,

.....We are back in the Memphis area (Olive Branch). I am doing my Urology residency at UT Memphis, to be completed June 2010. I am working hard, but really enjoying what I do. I am working at the VA medical center during the week (OR, clinic, procedures) and I take home call covering the VA and the MED (aka Knife and Gun club) a couple of nights a week and 1-2 weekends a month. It never ceases to amaze me the variety of urologic trauma that can be created by Memphis' finest. Rachel is back to work (part time) as a labor & delivery nurse at Methodist Germantown and really enjoying it. We have bought a house here that we love, but are still settling in.

Drew will be 3 on November 8. He is really into Thomas the Train and anything else with wheels. He is amazing, learning new things everyday. He stays sooooo busy. We are working on potty training and he is doing well. One of the pictures attached is of him playing in the sprinklers. As for the other, I had nothing to do with the bracelet he is wearing.

Kendall will turn 1 on October 26. She is growing way too fast. She has 8 teeth and experiments with new foods daily. Her hair has turned from dark brown a few months ago to blonde now, just like Drew. She took her first step last weekend and is crawling faster than I can walk. She has quite a little attitude (I can't imagine where she gets it) but is overall a very happy baby.

Brent (for Rachel, Drew, and Kendall)
4455 Stone Park Blvd
Olive Branch, MS 38654
(662) 890-3354

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan and Tami said...

Hey Brent,

Beautiful kids. I think I saw you driving on I-40 a month or so ago. Anyway, good times. Glad all's well.

Dan Shackelford

10/03/2006 4:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home