Brothers, too often time and space erode the bonds of brotherhood. People move. Mail gets lost. We forget to call. Emails go unanswered. In an effort to connect us together a bit, this blog is a place to share personal news updates, post photos, ponder out loud, muse on theology, share encouragement, and post news on upcoming gatherings.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Story from Steve Moore -
Last week, I met two brothers from the Union chapter. The first is Chad Rowland, a guy I heard about here in Clarksville but never had a chance to meet. I was enjoying my favorite lunch spot, Backyard Burger with a couple of guys in my band. My drummer spotted Chad walk in and started talking about what a great preacher he is. I found out that Chad Rowland's church
plant had 425 in attendance last week, which is phenomenal. They just started meeting this Fall. Anyway, I had a chance to meet Chad and we talked for a while about mutual friends from the chapter. He's old school (lz 339 I believe), so he's tight with the 95 class. We're thinking about
heading down to initiation together, but who knows. The other interesting brother I got to spend some time with is Dr. TW Hunt. That's right, Paul Monroe's granddaddy! TW came to my church last week to preach. He is an amazing man of God. I had a chance to connect with him early and he filled me on how Paul is married and living in Memphis. Funny thing, as we were
leaving the other night, he came up to me and game me a familiar grip and proudly said "you're a good brother Steve." That'll make you feel good! Pretty amazing how far reaching the Lambda Chi experience goes!
LZ464

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home